Sunday, March 27, 2016

Imperfect

Today in church, we celebrated the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. Simple words on an anonymous blog do little to express the greatness, the bigness that I feel about him. I'll definitely keep trying, but here's what I have today.

I love listening to my fellow travelers try to describe how they feel about Jesus Christ. It's the most important topic, but there aren't really any right words to describe him. Or rather, words come up short when trying to encompass the Alpha and Omega.

But we try anyway. Maybe with words, we'll bridge the walls that we put around our hearts. Maybe we'll talk soul to soul. Have you ever really looked someone in the eyes? If I do it right, I can't even say anything- I'm so taken aback by the majesty.

The choir sang, the speakers spoke.
A wonderful girl played the song "I Believe in Christ" on the piano. It was all very nice.
However, I found the beauty in another part. Halfway through the piano piece, this women started shaking and missing notes- enough that she stopped at one point and played a couple of measures again. That's when I started crying.
I'm not quite sure why. But I think it has something to do with imperfection.

I will probably never live a perfect day. All the time, I shake and miss notes, even in the times that I'm trying to praise him with my whole life. Sometimes, I just play the wrong piece, or I forget what I'm supposed to be doing. But I am trying.

This woman's piano playing was beautiful, because it wasn't perfect. So later, when the soloist couldn't continue because of his tears, and the alto made ugly crying faces, I cried along side them. I know exactly how it is to be inadequate.

And yet he makes it enough.

For that, I say- Hallelujah.

No comments:

Post a Comment